Standard Disclaimer

As there is a possibility that this blog may become more public, I feel the need to add a disclaimer...
My experience is subjective, unique and influenced by the life experiences I had before I became a PhD student and my life experiences during this program. Your experiences will inevitably be different. They may even be wildly different!
Remember: my truth is neither your truth nor The Truth.
I want this blog to be honest. For that to be a reality, it must therefore be anonymous.
Politics and religion are fodder for other bloggers; I am a one-trick pony. The PhD nursing experience is all I'm here to write about.
Thanks and enjoy!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Week Five

For the first time this quarter, I finally feel like I am in control of my workload! The project that I've been working on and that has been hanging over my head for the last two quarters is ready to be submitted. It isn't done, but it's done for now.

Also, I have an actual question that I might be able to work with and it is certainly a starting point for the dissertation question. The question is still in its infancy, but its existence makes me believe that I can do this. It also gives me something to work with for my grant writing class, which I've been struggling with the whole quarter.

While I'm very glad to be at this better place, I'm also pretty startled to look up and realize that I am half way through this second quarter. It is moving entirely too fast. I can already envision the coming scramble in the final weeks.

As a reward, I am planning to spend tonight not worrying about anything school related. This whole quarter, even when I have been doing other things, I have felt a constant thrum of worry about my classes, the project and the future. Tonight, because I am feeling so accomplished, I am not going to feel that worry at all.

I wish that I had a picture to post, but I haven't taken any in a long while. Maybe next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment