Standard Disclaimer

As there is a possibility that this blog may become more public, I feel the need to add a disclaimer...
My experience is subjective, unique and influenced by the life experiences I had before I became a PhD student and my life experiences during this program. Your experiences will inevitably be different. They may even be wildly different!
Remember: my truth is neither your truth nor The Truth.
I want this blog to be honest. For that to be a reality, it must therefore be anonymous.
Politics and religion are fodder for other bloggers; I am a one-trick pony. The PhD nursing experience is all I'm here to write about.
Thanks and enjoy!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Post-its, packages, and passes

Last week was the heaviest week of the quarter. I had a statistics mid-term, an event that I had planned for my student organization and the first part of my grant draft due. Yikes. But, it passed. The statistics mid-term didn't seem that bad (I hope I'm not getting cocky, we'll get our grades on Tuesday), the event was a grand success, and while nobody stood up and yelled, "Your grant proposal is amazing!" they also didn't tell me to get lost. So, overall, I'll take it.

I had some big plans for the weekend of getting ahead and drafting final papers and starting a knitted baby sweater for my goddaughter and cleaning the bathroom. So far, I've managed to practice my guitar, show up at my volunteer job, buy post-its, find a padded envelope for mailing and make lasagna. Close enough, right? I do want to clean and organize my desk this weekend. It is approaching absolute chaos and if its current rate of mess-accumulation continues, I won't be able to find the keyboard soon. I do not work well in disorder, so something has to be done before finals.

The weather here has been amazing. It is funny. When I lived in the desert every single day was pristine. But I hated the place so much that I never appreciated the weather. I also disliked the same-ness of it. I would want to cry because it was another sunny day. (I know?! Whining about perfect weather!) But it was like the movie Groundhog Day. I couldn't tell what time of year it was or if time was even passing. It was surreal and everything felt like an over-exposed photo, even the people seemed bleached clean of personality. Here, I enjoy the sun again; partly, because it rains! Tomorrow is supposed to be another beautiful day and then we're expecting rain all next week. I'm excited for both a sunny day tomorrow and rain for next week... maybe I just like it here better.

No comments:

Post a Comment