Standard Disclaimer

As there is a possibility that this blog may become more public, I feel the need to add a disclaimer...
My experience is subjective, unique and influenced by the life experiences I had before I became a PhD student and my life experiences during this program. Your experiences will inevitably be different. They may even be wildly different!
Remember: my truth is neither your truth nor The Truth.
I want this blog to be honest. For that to be a reality, it must therefore be anonymous.
Politics and religion are fodder for other bloggers; I am a one-trick pony. The PhD nursing experience is all I'm here to write about.
Thanks and enjoy!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

The cracks are starting to show...

Last week was an interesting week. I have been aware of my own stress, but I believed that I was handling it well. Until I wasn't. And it really wasn't just me. If a group's behavior could be seen as a type of morale-barometer, I'd say we were reading at an all-time low. I'm not really sure what all the contributing factors are for this, but I know that we don't have lunch breaks anymore on the days we're having classes, some of the required readings are less than clear, and it just is starting to seem like we've been sprinting a race that was really more of a marathon.

I think that we are all going to be pretty happy for a break at the end of this quarter. But that is a long way away. It is two difficult mid-terms, at least one presentation, another conference, and four final papers from now. Yikes.

So today, after I tried to get some things done this morning and only succeeding in messing up my desk and my equanimity, I've decided to just stop for one day. I'm going to eat dinner with some friends, and try to use this day to fortify my resolve so that I can start fresh on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment