Standard Disclaimer

As there is a possibility that this blog may become more public, I feel the need to add a disclaimer...
My experience is subjective, unique and influenced by the life experiences I had before I became a PhD student and my life experiences during this program. Your experiences will inevitably be different. They may even be wildly different!
Remember: my truth is neither your truth nor The Truth.
I want this blog to be honest. For that to be a reality, it must therefore be anonymous.
Politics and religion are fodder for other bloggers; I am a one-trick pony. The PhD nursing experience is all I'm here to write about.
Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Classes are done and yet the quarter drags on

I have completed draft 2 of one of my papers. Perhaps it would sound better if I called them iterations? Blah. It doesn't matter what they're called, they need to be worked on for longer than my current attention span can manage.

I'm now at that stage where the excessive amount of schoolwork that I have to do has become paralyzing. I have lists of what needs to be done, and instead I've cleaned the house and perfected a Christmas Carol on the guitar. (The irony of that will not be lost on my close friends.)

Both to fulfill my need to find tasks that prevent me from editing papers and to work through some issues from my undergraduate years, I've joined a campus organization! Yay! However, in my spasm of school spirit I seem to have also elected myself as a new leader of some sort within this group. That will teach me to be enthusiastic. It will also teach me to join campus organizations at the start of the quarter and not at the end when I have other crap to do.

Please send me your motivation. I just need to borrow it for a couple of days. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment