Standard Disclaimer

As there is a possibility that this blog may become more public, I feel the need to add a disclaimer...
My experience is subjective, unique and influenced by the life experiences I had before I became a PhD student and my life experiences during this program. Your experiences will inevitably be different. They may even be wildly different!
Remember: my truth is neither your truth nor The Truth.
I want this blog to be honest. For that to be a reality, it must therefore be anonymous.
Politics and religion are fodder for other bloggers; I am a one-trick pony. The PhD nursing experience is all I'm here to write about.
Thanks and enjoy!

Thursday, August 19, 2010

And what I really mean to say is

that some of this looks insurmountable. I am excited. I am ready to start studying. I am ready for this. And I am also almost certain that I could be making a terrible, life-altering mistake. 

This period of not-working, packing, preparing has left me with a lot of time to think. And I'm thinking about the cost. There is cost to leaving my husband behind, moving to a city where I know no one, and of course, the cost, or money, for all of this. In fact I'm thinking about these things a lot. Packing, unlike seeing patients at the clinic, does not shut off my worry-thinking. And this is before the actual stress of school. Before the actual "can I do this?" stress there is a lot of "what the hell have I done" stress. 

The school said that they would send a "registration packet" in mid-August. Ummmm, it is mid-August, and now, the unknowns are clearly my biggest fear. So, please university admission people, could you send that packet and lighten a tiny bit of my load?

No comments:

Post a Comment